Thursday, January 31, 2008

One word for Girl Gamer Magazine: Barf



Lousy move, Nintendo. The company's U.K. arm has released a promotional Girl Gamer magazine to pimp its products, which Geeksugar has posted about, and it makes me want to puke up that steak fajita I had for lunch.

Let's see what's on the cover, underneath that ghastly pink masthead: Cooking Mama, Imagine Babies, and a pink DS Lite. Ick. It sure makes a gal want to go wild with the Manhunt 2 machete.

Not to mention the fact that I haven't seen eyeliner that atrocious since Congresswoman Katherine Harris.

Will it hurt Nintendo's business? Will there be mass protests? Of course not; there are a lot worse things a company could do than put out a Pepto Bismol-hued marketing blitz geared toward teenage girls who like "video games." But come on. I don't need to see this sort of thing when I've just eaten.

No comments: